[petsc-users] FVM using dmplex for linear advection

Praveen C cpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 08:09:22 CDT 2019

Dear all

I am trying to write a simple first order upwind FVM to solve linear advection in 2d on triangular meshes using dmplex.

Based on some suggestions in recent discussions, I cooked up this simple example

https://github.com/cpraveen/cfdlab/tree/master/petsc/dmplex_convect2d

A gaussian profile must rotate around origin but in my code, there is some errors developing in just one or two cells, see picture.

I am looking for any suggestions/hints/tips on how to identify the problem. Since I have never written a dmplex code before, I am not able to ask a specific question.

Thanks
praveen