[petsc-users] DMPlex for cell centred finite volume

Edoardo alinovi edoardo.alinovi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 03:05:52 CDT 2019

Hello PETSc users and developers,
I hope you are doing well! Today I have a general question about DMplex to
see if it can be usefull to me or not.

I have my fancy finite volume solver (cell centered, incompressible NS)
which uses petsc as linear solver engine. Thanks to your suggestions so far
it is now running well :)

I would like to see if I can do another step incapsulatng in petsc also the
mesh managment part. I think that Dmplex is the way to go since my code is
fully unstructured.

I have red some papers and lectures by Matt around the web, but still I
have not found an answer to this question:
Can dmplex dial with cell centered data arrangement and provide some
support for basic operation (e. g. interpolation between partitions, face
value calculation etc)?

Thank you very much!

Edo