[petsc-users] IMPORTANT PETSc repository changed from Bucketbit to GitLab

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 19 14:51:53 CDT 2019

   PETSc folks.

    This announcement is for people who access PETSc from the BitBucket repository or post issues or have other activities with the Bitbucket repository

   We have changed  the location of the PETSc repository from BitBucket to GitLab. For each copy of the repository you need to do

   git remote set-url origin git at gitlab.com<mailto:git at gitlab.com>:petsc/petsc.git
   or
   git remote set-url origin https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc.git

   You will likely also want to set up an account on gitlab and remember to set the ssh key information

   if you previously had write permission to the petsc repository and cannot write to the new repository please email bsmith at mcs.anl.gov<mailto:bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> with your GitLab
   username and the email used

    Please do not make pull requests to the Gitlab site yet; we will be manually processing the PR from the BitBucket site over the next couple of
    days as we implement the testing.

    Please be patient, this is all new to use and it may take a few days to get out all the glitches.

    Thanks for your support

    Barry

   The reason for switching to GitLab is that it has a better testing system than BitBucket and Gitlab. We hope that will allow us to test and manage
   pull requests more rapidly, efficiently and accurately, thus allowing us to improve and add to PETSc more quickly.