[petsc-users] Questions about Field Data using DMPlex

Daniel Mckinnell d_mckinnell at aol.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 10:59:00 CDT 2019

Hi,I have a DMPlex mesh stored in a dm object with an associated PetscSection containing the information on the layout of field0 and field1, I can create a local Vec with the layout from the PetscSection and edit that data. I have a couple of questions about what I can do from this point:

1. Is there a way of attaching my field data to the dm object so that everything associated with my mesh is contained in a single object?2. Is there a way of creating a Vec object with the data from just field0?3. What is the best way to export my data to a VTK file, everything I have tried so far has just created meaningless vector fields on the vertices?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Daniel Mckinnell