[petsc-users] Problem with TS and SNES VI

Huck, Moritz Moritz.Huck at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Aug 5 04:16:55 CDT 2019

Hi,
I am trying to solve a DAE with the ARKIMEX solver, which works mostly fine.
The problem arises when some states go to unphysical values. I try to constrain my states with SNESVISetVariableBounds (through the petsc4py interface).
But TS seems not respect this e.g. I have a state with is usually between 1 and 1e3 for which I set a lower bound of 1, but the state goes t0 -0.8 at some points.
Are there some tolerances I have to set for VI or something like this?

Best Regards,
Moritz