[petsc-users] VecView to hdf5 broken for large (complex) vectors

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 16 17:13:40 CDT 2019

  So valgrind is printing all kinds of juicy information about uninitialized values but it is all worthless because MPICH was not built by spack to be valgrind clean. We can't know if any of the problems valgrind flags are real. MPICH needs to be configured with the option --enable-g=meminit to be valgrind clean. PETSc's --download-mpich always installs a valgrind clean MPI.

It is unfortunate Spack doesn't provide a variant of MPICH that is valgrind clean; actually it should default to valgrind clean MPICH.

  Barry