[petsc-users] Bad memory scaling with PETSc 3.10

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 12 11:18:50 CDT 2019

Myriam :
Thanks for your effort. It will help us improve PETSc.
Hong

Hi all,

I used the wrong script, that's why it diverged... Sorry about that.
I tried again with the right script applied on a tiny problem (~200
elements). I can see a small difference in memory usage (gain ~ 1mB).
when adding the -mat_freeintermediatestructures option. I still have to
execute larger cases to plot the scaling. The supercomputer I am used to
run my jobs on is really busy at the moment so it takes a while. I hope
I'll send you the results on Monday.

Thanks everyone,

Myriam

--