[petsc-users] Error with parallel solve

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 14:19:53 CDT 2019

This is a bug in the most recent version of mumps related with using
scalapack for the factorization of the root node of the nested dissection
tree. I have reported it already on this list few months ago.
You can circumvent the problem by using a sequential solver for it. There's
a command line option in petsc as well as API that allows you to do so.
-mat_mumps_icntl_13 1