[petsc-users] ASCIIRead error for multiple processors

Yuyun Yang yyang85 at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 4 15:15:58 CDT 2019

Hello team,

I'm trying to use PetscViewerASCIIRead() to read in a single interger/scalar value from an input file. It works for one processor. However, when running on multiple processors, I'm getting the below error:

[1]PETSC ERROR: Invalid argument
[1]PETSC ERROR: Insufficient data, read only 0 < 1 items
[1]PETSC ERROR: #1 PetscViewerASCIIRead() line 1054 in /usr/local/CLAB-2/petsc-3.6/src/sys/classes/viewer/impls/ascii/filev.c

Is there something wrong with how I'm implementing this, or ASCIIRead does not work with multiple processors?

Thanks,
Yuyun