[petsc-users] testing for and removing a null space using JFNK

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 4 04:26:03 CDT 2019

The Krylov space can not see the null space (by definition) and so getting
a useful near null space from it is not likely.

Getting a null space is a hard problem and bootstrap AMG methods, for
instance, are developed to try to do that. This is an advanced research
topic.

You really want to know your null space, what kind of equations do you have?

Mark