[petsc-users] About SLEPC's EPSSetDeflationSpace implementation

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Tue Sep 18 02:55:29 CDT 2018

It is deflation by orthogonalization. The vectors provided with EPSSetDeflationSpace() are converted to an orthonormal basis (orthogonalizing column by column) and then all vectors generated by the solver are orthogonalized against this basis. In this way, the solver operates in the orthogonal complement of the deflation space.

Jose