[petsc-users] Indexing/using a 3D DMDA as a 1D vector

Phil Tooley phil.tooley at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 09:43:41 CDT 2018

Ok, So I have figured this out a bit better now, facepalm moment as I
finally realised that this is exactly what the DMDA exists to do...  I
need to create a vector using the DMCreate*Vector functions and can then
insert values using the assembly functions.

Then, if I understand correctly, in order to have the state I need to
multiply with my operator I should make use of the
DMDAGlobalToNaturalBegin() and End() functions to ensure the correct
ordering.  Do I then need to ensure I have reverted it to global
ordering before I try to apply finite difference methods again?

Thanks

--
Phil Tooley
Research Software Engineering