[petsc-users] Use block Jacobi preconditioner with SNES

Ali Reza Khaz'ali arkhazali at cc.iut.ac.ir
Fri Sep 7 15:22:50 CDT 2018

Thanks a lot. It is working as expected. However, splitting a block
matrix over MPI processes, sometimes results in splitting one block over
2 (or possibly more) processors. It causes the block Jacobi
preconditioner (+Linear solver) to fail. Is there any way in PETSc to
enforce a pre-specified array/matrix distribution over MPI processes? I
want to distribute the array/matrix entries, so that no block is divided
between two MPI processes.

Many Thanks,

Ali