[petsc-users] Periodic BC in petsc DMPlex / firedrake

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:11:07 CDT 2018

Matt,

you can reproduce it via

$ valgrind ./ex12 -quiet -run_type test -interpolate 1 -bc_type dirichlet
-petscspace_degree 1 -vec_view vtk:test.vtu:vtk_vtu -f
${PETSC_DIR}/share/petsc/datafiles/meshes/square_periodic.msh
-dm_plex_gmsh_periodic

Long time ago I added support for viewing meshes with periodic vertices in
the VTK_VTU viewer, but I did not fix the part that writes fields

Stefano