[petsc-users] Using BDDC preconditioner for assembled matrices

Abdullah Ali Sivas abdullahasivas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 00:12:35 CDT 2018

Hi Jed,

Thanks for your reply. The assembled matrix I have corresponds to the full
problem on the full mesh. There are no "Neumann" problems (or any sort of
domain decomposition) defined in the code generates the matrix. However, I
think assembling the full problem is equivalent to implicitly assembling
the "Neumann" problems, since the system can be partitioned as;

[A_{LL} | A_{LI}]  [u_L]     [F]
[A_{IL}  |A_{II} ]   [u_I]      [G]

and G should correspond to the Neumann problem. I might be thinking wrong
(or maybe I completely misunderstood the idea), if so please correct me.
But I think that the problem is that I am not explicitly telling PCBDDC
which dofs are interface dofs.

Regards,
Abdullah Ali Sivas