[petsc-users] Gauss quadrature for triangle or tetrahedral element and Nature ordering

Josh L ysjosh.lo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:30:15 CDT 2018

Hi,

Does anyone use PETSc to calculate the value determinant, basis function
and the derivative of basis function at Gauss integration point?

For quadrilateral element, I use PetscDTGaussQuadrature to get the location
of integration point, and then use DMPlexComputeCellGeometryFEM to get the
value of determinant.

But I don't know how to do it for triangle element, and don't know how to
use PETSc to calculate basis function and it's derivative?

Is there anyway to get the mapping between nature ordering and global
ordering for vertex number?

Thanks,
Josh