[petsc-users] Interpolation in staggered grid

Manuel Valera mvalera-w at sdsu.edu
Fri Oct 5 17:49:02 CDT 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to do a simple variable interpolation, from a cell center to a
face in a staggered grid, my model data management is done with DMDAs, with
two different DMs one for each cell position,

I already did this task on a fortran only version of the model using the 4
closest neighbors of the scalars (cell center) to be interpolated at the
velocity site (cell face), i did it using a loop over the domain, somehow
this easy task is not translating into the DMDA framework,

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or not aware of a easier way Petsc may
have for this task, if you could point out an easier strategy or an example
I would be grateful,