[petsc-users] Parallel LU with MPIDENSE

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 2 11:12:21 CDT 2018

Matt:

I recompiled petsc with the recommended options (and also trying some other options) but the error persists. on the linear solve table there is an X at the required solver package column for dense LU. What does it mean? On
https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-3.2/docs/linearsolvertable.html
it says "PLAPACK". Did you deprecate it? What is the replacement?

I do not see PLAPACK. You want Elemental.
petsc-3.2 uses  PLAPACK. We replaced  PLAPACK with Elemental long time ago.
Hong

https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/<http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/>