[petsc-users] DMPlex global to natural ordering

Danyang Su danyang.su at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 13:51:45 CST 2018

Dear All,

My simulation needs to pass initial condition from external file to the
code. The initial condition in the external file is given in the natural
ordering, which is consistent with the original input mesh file in VTK
format. In the previous development, I use label to save all the local
vertex numbering to global natural numbering. The code works, but it is
not efficient in DMPlexDistribute when the mesh size is increased with a
huge number of different labels.

I am looking for a more efficient way to pass the natural ordering data
and let each processor read the local owned data (either with or without
ghost nodes). I am trying to use DMPlexGetGlobalToNaturalSF and generate
local node index to global natural node index. Due to my lack of
knowledge about graph theory, I am a bit lost. Is there any example
available to do this?

Thanks,

Danyang