[petsc-users] Example 23 of ksp problems

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 27 10:57:38 CST 2018

    This is an ad hoc way of checking that the error from the linear solve is "reasonable".  Note that PETSC_MACHINE_EPSILON
depends on the precision of the floating point used so for more precise floating point (in going from half precision to quad precision) we expect the error
to be smaller (depending on the machine epsilon). The 1000 is an arbitrary number, it could be 100 or 10,000 or anything in between could be reasonable. Note that using a 1.0 is probably not reasonable because it is not reasonable to expect the error to be only a machine epsilon away from the "exact" answer.

    Barry

If you are not familiar with the term machine epsilon you can google it.