[petsc-users] PETSc (3.9.0) GAMG weak scaling test issue

"Alberto F. Martín" amartin at cimne.upc.edu
Mon Nov 19 07:40:20 CST 2018

Dear Matthew,

using either "-build_twosided allreduce" or "-build_twosided redscatter"
workarounds the Intel MPI internal error!

Besides, with Intel MPI, the weak scaling figures look like:

**preconditioner set up**
[0.8865120411, 2.598261833, 3.780511856]

**PCG stage**
[0.5701429844, 1.771002054, 2.292135954]

**number of PCG iterations**
[9,14,15]

which now I consider much more reasonable, in particular, for the
preconditioner set-up stage, compared to the ones
that I obtained with OpenMPI 1.10.7 and "-build_twosided ibarrier", below.

Best regards,
  Alberto.