[petsc-users] [petsc4py] DMPlex and DT class

Valerio Barnabei valerio.barnabei at uniroma1.it
Tue May 29 12:14:57 CDT 2018

Hello,
I'm trying to figure how to translate snes/ex12, snes/ex56, snes/ex62,
snes/ex77 in python using petsc4py. Unfortunately I'm having trouble
finding something analogue to the DT class of C++ PETSc, to call methods
like PetscFECreateDefault and similar.
Is this something that can be achieved using petsc4py?
I mean, is there something included in DM, DMDA or DMPlex that takes care
of the discretization of a generic value field that I'm missing? (As far as
I can see and understand, no DT class is implemented in petsc4py)
I hope i explained myself, unfortunately I'm still a new user.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Valerio

*Il tuo 5 diventa 1000*