[petsc-users] PETSC without MPI but a direct solver

Andreas Hauffe andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Mon May 14 06:27:10 CDT 2018

Hi,

we are using PETSC and as a direct solver MUMPS for some finite element
tool. Right now there is a need for a sequantial code without mpi. In
the documentation we read ("Installing without MPI") that it is possible
to do so. But not in the case of MUMPS as direct solver. Is there any
direct solver, where we can compile a sequential library without mpi?

--
Regards
Andreas Hauffe

Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Luft- und Raumfahrttechnik / Institute of Aerospace Engineering
Lehrstuhl für Luftfahrzeugtechnik / Chair of Aircraft Engineering

D-01062 Dresden
Germany

phone : +49 (351) 463 38496
fax :  +49 (351) 463 37263
mail : andreas.hauffe at tu-dresden.de
Website : http://tu-dresden.de/mw/ilr/lft
Do you know our free laminate analysis code eLamX²? If not, please visit the following web address:
http://www.elamx.de