[petsc-users] [petsc-dev] ftp.mcs.anl.gov is down - breaking petsc builds with --download-package

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 29 10:52:25 CDT 2018

ftp.mcs.anl.gov is now back online [serving ftp:// -  http:// is not yet enabled]

petsc configure builds with --download-package option should now work.

For direct tarball download - switching the URL from
http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov to ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov notation is the
temporary workaround. For eg:

change:
http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/release-snapshots/petsc-3.8.4.tar.gz
to:
ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/release-snapshots/petsc-3.8.4.tar.gz

Satish