[petsc-users] Copy MPIAIJ Matrix onto MPISeq Matrices on All Processors

Ali Berk Kahraman aliberkkahraman at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 12:00:13 CDT 2018

Dear All,

I have to create my Jacobian numerically using an FD function I have
written, but the problem is that the function evaluation FormRHSFunction
creates PETSC_COMM_WORLD objects in it, and takes 1 PETSC_COMM_WORLD
matrix as an input.  So I cannot work it on parallel (every processor
calculating its own portion of Jacobian), I tried but the machine gets
confused.

My initial idea was to create the objects in PETSC_COMM_SELF type within
the RHS function, but the input COMM_WORLD matrix standed where it was.
So my question is, is there a way to get a complete copy of a
distributed matrix on all the processors as seq matrices?

I cannot use the Petsc's version FD function because the FormRHSFunction
I call to create the Jacobian is slightly different than the original
FormRHSFunction. The original function is too expensive, so I only
calculate the relevant parts of it in the Jacobian function.

Best Regards,

Ali Berk Kahraman
M.Sc. Student, Mechanical Engineering
Bogazici Uni. Istanbul, Turkey