[petsc-users] PC FieldSplit - How to Count the Iterations

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 14 09:55:26 CDT 2018

   Matt can likely answer this but it is always better to try to figure out things yourself. Everything in PETSc is knowable to the user if you know the correct places to look.

    I would run in the debugger and put a break point in KSPSolve() then do a bt (or where) at each call to KSPSolve() to see why it is being called seemingly multiple times.

    You can also run with -xxx_ksp_converged_reason and -xxx_ksp_monitor to see when solvers are being called (where xxx are the prefix for the inner solves).

    Barry