[petsc-users] How to change optimization flags?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 7 14:38:45 CST 2018

COPTFLAGS is meant for optimization flags but CFLAGS should also work.
However since each of them have their own defaults - you would use the
correct one to override the defaults.

If the option you specify is not picked up - mostlikely petsc
configure attempted to use it - and configure rejected it.

You'll have to send us configure.log to figureout why they were rejected.

Satish