[petsc-users] Solving problems using multigrid

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Jul 26 15:49:55 CDT 2018

Please always use "reply-all" so that your messages go to the list.
This is standard mailing list etiquette.  It is important to preserve
threading for people who find this discussion later and so that we do
not waste our time re-answering the same questions that have already
been answered in private side-conversations.  You'll likely get an
answer faster that way too.

Fazlul Huq <huq2090 at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks!
>
> I got some examples in ksp folder that includes multigrid.
> I am wondering if multigrid and ksp are same method or different method?

No, KSP is a linear solver (preconditioned Krylov and related methods).
SNES is the nonlinear solver.