[petsc-users] Beginner questions : MatCreateMPIAIJWithSeqAIJ, MatCreateMPIAIJWithSplitArrays

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 24 11:02:49 CDT 2018

   Mark,

     I think you are over-optimizing your matrix assembly leading to complicated, fragile code. Better just to create the matrix and use MatSetValues() to set values into the matrix and not to work directly with the various sparse matrix data structures. If you wish to work directly with the sparse matrix data structures then you are largely on your own and need to figure out yourself how to use them. Plus you will only get a small benefit time wise in going the much more complicated route.

    Barry