[petsc-users] Can PetscSections of a DMPlex be written out and read in with HDF5?

Jordan Wagner j.wagner at rice.edu
Fri Jul 13 08:17:25 CDT 2018

Hi,

In my code, I have a separate preprocessing script that I usually run in
serial to set up various things for my solver. One of the things I want
the preprocessor to do is setup everything related to the DMPlex, and
then I write it out to an HDF5 file to be read in the main solver. In
the preprocessor, I have everything set up how I want it as far as the
DM and have created and specified a default section. My problem is that
when reading the resulting HDF5 file with DMLoad in my main solver, it
doesn't look like I have the default section anymore. Most everything
else, such as the labels, seem to be working fine. Is there a way to
make the DMView/DMLoad functions write/read the default sections as
well? That way I can immediately run DMPlexDistribute and have
everything distributed right off the bat in the main solver.

Thanks a lot!

jw