[petsc-users] Computing Krylov decompositions with PETSc/SLEPc

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Fri Jul 6 09:18:27 CDT 2018

SLEPc's default eigensolver 'krylovschur' does this kind of computation repeatedly, in an outer loop (the restarts) until eigenvalues are converged. If you call EPSSolve() with -eps_max_it 1 to avoid any restarts then you will get something similar to what you want. The computed basis can be retrieved with EPSGetBV(). However, this is not the intended usage, and hence it is not documented. You will have to look at the source code and see what is being computed.

What do you need this for?

Jose