[petsc-users] Installation without BLAS/LAPACK

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 20 10:34:26 CST 2018

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018, Ali Berk Kahraman wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have access to a common computer in my school, and I want to use petsc on
> it. The problem is that I do not have root access, and neither do I want it.
> The machine has OpenMPI installed in it, but no BLAS. Can I configure petsc
> somehow without having any BLAS commands? If not, can I install BLAS somehow
> only on my own folder (/home/myfolder) without touching anything inside /usr/
> folder?

You don't need root access to install/use PETSc.

And you can ask petsc configure to install any required or missing packages.

./configure CC=gcc FC=gfortran CXX=g++ --download-blaslapack --download-mpich
make

If you wish to install PETSc with a preinstalled mpi - you can do:

./configure CC=mpicc FC=mpif90 CXX=mpicxx --download-blaslapack
make

Satish