[petsc-users] SNESQN number of past states

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 14 17:43:03 CST 2018

  Hmm,

1) make sure you call PetscOptionsSetValue() before you call to SNESSetFromOptions()

2) make sure you call SNESSetFromOptions()

3) did you add a prefix to the SNES object? If so make sure you include it in the PetscOptionsSetValue() call.

  I can't see a reason why it won't work. Does it work with the PETSc examples for you or not?

   Regarding the Powell descent option, I'm afraid you'll need to examine the code for exact details. src/snes/impls/qn/qn.c

  Barry