[petsc-users] Parallel output in PETSc with pHDF5 and VTK

Buesing, Henrik hbuesing at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 7 05:23:58 CST 2018

Dear all,

I would like to write HDF5 and VTK files in parallel. I found Vec example 19<http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/src/vec/vec/examples/tutorials/ex19.c.html>: "Parallel HDF5 Vec Viewing". But I do not understand how I tell PETSc to write a DMDA in parallel when doing VecView. At the moment everything is done on process 0. Can PETSc use parallel HDF5?

Regarding VTK: Is it possible that every process dumps his part of the Vec in a separate file and let Paraview combine this. I think Firedrake does it in this way.

Thank you!
Henrik

--
Dipl.-Math. Henrik Büsing
Institute for Applied Geophysics and Geothermal Energy

Mathieustr. 10        | Tel +49 (0)241 80 49907
52074 Aachen, Germany | Fax +49 (0)241 80 49889

http://www.eonerc.rwth-aachen.de/GGE
hbuesing at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de