[petsc-users] GAMG scaling

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 21 10:44:12 CST 2018

Also, you mentioned that you are using 10 levels. This is very strange with
GAMG. You can run with -info and grep on GAMG to see the sizes and the
number of non-zeros per level. You should coarsen at a rate of about 2^D to
3^D with GAMG (with 10 levels this would imply a very large fine grid
problem so I suspect there is something strange going on with coarsening).
Mark