[petsc-users] Can I use TAO for embarrassingly parallel problems with multiple threads?

Krzysztof Kamieniecki krys at kamieniecki.com
Thu Dec 20 14:24:55 CST 2018

Hi Alp,

Thanks! This worked, I reverted back to v3.9.4 and after removing the
monitors (which caused an error in PetscViewerASCIIPopTab) it seems to be
passing tests for now.

(For the future peanut gallery) I misread what PetscCommDuplicate does, it
does not duplicate Petsc communicators that already "wrap" MPI
communicators, so I may look into MPI and creating a completely independent
MPI_Comm for each thread.

Best Regards,
Krys