[petsc-users] DMPLEX project function error

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:33:33 CST 2018

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 12:36 AM Ellen M. Price <ellen.price at cfa.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I ran into a problem implementing this. My integration code relies on
> knowing the points of each tetrahedron in the domain so I can turn an
> integral over all space into a sum of integrals over cells. I can't find
> an example of getting vertices for a given cell (I think TS ex11 comes
> closest, looks like it gets faces?). Is there an elegant way to do this,
> or an example I can follow?

I do this in the library, but you can do it yourself. I assume what you
mean is getting
the coordinates of the vertices of the tet. If you only have coordinates at
vertices, then
its easy. You just use

https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/DMPLEX/DMPlexVecGetClosure.html

to get the coordinates over the cell. We use this in all the geometry
routines.