[petsc-users] PETSc binary write format

Sajid Ali sajidsyed2021 at u.northwestern.edu
Wed Dec 5 13:05:23 CST 2018

To clarify :
The data from xxd -b petsc_output_dat is what I've reordered. The binary
dump is confusing to read since it contains 6 bytes per line (alongside the
unnecessary ascii conversions) and the numbers start and end in odd places.
I wanted each line to have only one number and copy pasted the data into a
new file. Then I changed the spacing so that the first two lines have 4
bytes (corresponding to int-32) each and correspond to VEC_FILE_CLASSID and
num_elements (20 in this case). This is followed by 8 bytes (64-bit double)
per line which store the actual elements of the vector.

--
Sajid Ali
Applied Physics