[petsc-users] converting matrices between petsc and scalapack/blacs format?

Giacomo Mulas giacomo.mulas at inaf.it
Fri Aug 31 11:32:51 CDT 2018

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> Yes, that is all correct.  I wonder if you could convince a) SLEPc to
> support Elpa, or better convince Elpa to support Elemental.  BLACS is icky
> inside :)

Yes, I know BLACS is...  complicated, and I'd rather do without it
altogether if I could. But unfortunately both ELPA and the scalapack
implementation in MKL distribute big arrays with that. And I'm afraid I have
no superpowers to convince either SLEPc to support Elpa or Elpa to support
Elemental, unfortunately. I'm a mere end (ab)user...
Thanks for your help. I was able to reread a Petsc matrix saved via MatView
in binary format into a BLACS one, it was not even as bad as I was afraid it
would be.

Cheers
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <giacomo.mulas at inaf.it>

INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari
via della scienza 5 - 09047 Selargius (CA)

tel.   +39 070 71180255
mob. : +39 329  6603810