[petsc-users] Problem with SNES convergence

Rahul Samala srahul_05 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Aug 31 00:26:37 CDT 2018

Thank you Barry for the suggestion, I will definitely look in to TS implementation.
I have implemented my own version of reduced time step size using the SNESGetConvergedReason, but encountered the same problem after another 30 time-steps. So, I am experimenting with different set of initial conditions.
Ling, thank you for the code, I will see if my understanding is different from yours.
--Rahul.

   On Thursday, August 30, 2018, 11:25:35 PM GMT+5:30, Smith, Barry F. <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2018, at 12:49 PM, Fande Kong <fdkong.jd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Barry,
>
> I haven't had time to look into TS so far. But it is definitely interesting. One simple question would like this: If I have a  simple loop for time steppers, and each step SNES is called. How hard to convert my code to use TS?

    You would need to look at the examples in ts/examples/tutorials but essentially you need to provide a slightly different version of FormFunction() and FormJacobian() and call TSSolve() etc instead of having your own loop.

    Barry