[petsc-users] Questions about x-window and matlab engine in PETSc

Yingjie Wu yjwu16 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 03:09:23 CDT 2018

Dear PETSc developer,
 Hi,
Thank you very much for helping me solve the problem before. Recently, I
reinstalled my system and reinstalled PETSc and found the following
problems:

1. when I ran the example src/vec/vec/example/tutorial/ex3, there was a
error:
[0] PETSC ERROR: PETSc installed without X windows, Microsoft Graphics,
OpenGL ES, or GLUT / OpenGL on this machine
I installed PETSc following the official website. I don't know how to solve
this error.
2. I want to use matlab to do input and output data. My data is mainly the
information of model parameters and initial values in each grid, which is
usually stored in the form of matrix or vector. In src / vec / vec /
example / tutorial / ex5, the input and output data in the binary file.
dat, but I don't know how to open it for subsequent analysis. I want to
input or output data to PETSc in the form of matrix and vector in MATLAB. I
don't know how to use MATLAB as the input and output interface. It would be
better if there were examples.
3. Is there a web page that can query the usage of PETSc function? For
example,
Http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Viewer/PetscViewerBinaryOpen.html

For beginners like me, a web page that queries how functions are used is
very useful.

Thanks,
Yingjie