[petsc-users] Question about I/O in PETSc

Yingjie Wu yjwu16 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 20:54:25 CDT 2018

Dear PETSc developer:
Hello,
I am a student of nuclear energy science from Tsinghua University. I want
to do some work of neutron numerical simulation based on PETSc. At present,
some examples of learning and testing PETSc have the following questions:

1. How to input data to PETSc conveniently? In some examples of VEC, PETSc
support data input and output in .dat and HDF5 format. I don't know much
about HDF5, and the binary data file I can't open with any software. I need
an easy-to-view input and output format, preferably a file format that can
be opened with a text editor for subsequent analysis and data loading.

I'm not very good at using "petsc-users" mailing list. I'm very sorry if I
disturb you.
And I am looking forward to your reply.
Thanks,
Yingjie