[petsc-users] FIELDSPLIT fields

Griffith, Boyce Eugene boyceg at email.unc.edu
Wed Aug 15 20:58:30 CDT 2018

On Aug 15, 2018, at 9:17 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com<mailto:knepley at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 8:42 PM Griffith, Boyce Eugene <boyceg at email.unc.edu<mailto:boyceg at email.unc.edu>> wrote:
Is it permissible to have overlapping fields in FIELDSPLIT? We are specifically thinking about how to handle DOFs living on the interface between two regions.

There is only 1 IS, so no way to do RASM, or any other thing on the overlap. This sort of things was supposed to be handled by GASM.

There are three big blocks, with one interface between two of them. It may not make much difference which subdomain the interfacial DOFs are assigned to.

I am not sure that works. If you want blocks that are not parallel, then you can probably use PCPATCH as soon as I get it merged.

   Matt

Thanks!

— Boyce

https://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~knepley/<http://www.caam.rice.edu/~mk51/>