[petsc-users] SLEPC matrix Query

Savneet Kaur Savneet.KAUR at cea.fr
Wed Apr 25 04:10:40 CDT 2018

Hello,

Warm Regards

I am Savneet Kaur, a master student at University Paris Saclay and
currently pursuing an internship at CEA Saclay (France).

I have recently started to understand the slepc and petsc solvers, by
taking up the tutorials for eigenvalue problems. In my internship work I
have to develop a laplacian matrix from a given transition rate matrix
and solve it using SLEPC and PETSC and to evaluate the lowest eigenvalue.

I was wondering if I could get some information. I need to diagonalize a
2D Laplacian matrix. And writing a code in C and diagonalizing it is
easy. But I am not getting it how to accommodate with the SLEPC Program.
Am i suppose to use any packages or it will is done by a loop? Or I need
to read some other manual to understand how does it work. Please kindly
let me know.

The diagonalizing a matrix will be preliminary step of my work.

I will be highly obliged to the the team, if I could get help.

Hoping for a favorable response from your side.

Thank you for the time and consideration.

Sincerely,

*Savneet Kaur*

*Intern at DEN/DANS/DMN/SRMP*

*CEA - Centre de Saclay ǀ Bâtiment 520