[petsc-users] DMPlexGetCone in Fortran

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 18:21:53 CDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Bernardo Rocha <
bernardomartinsrocha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been trying to use DMPlex in a Fortran 77 application
> (unfortunately this is legacy code and I can't move to F90).
>
> Is there a way to use DMPlexGetCone on it?
> Although the documentation online says it is only available for F90,
> I'm wondering if there is a trick like the ones in the users manual for
> routines
> that return an array. I tried, but I'm not sure it it is right.

We have standardized our array handling with F90, and I don't think we will
go back
to supporting new things for F77-style arrays.

That being said, I think all you have to do is compile that source with an
F90 compiler. You
should not have to change anything. If you want the F90 array to look like
an F77 array,
just pass it as a function argument (I think this works).