[petsc-users] Could not execute "['git', 'rev-parse', '--git-dir']"

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 4 17:00:34 CDT 2018

[balay at fedora ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 27 (Twenty Seven)
[balay at fedora ~]$ git --version
git version 2.14.3
[balay at fedora ~]$

balay at asterix /home/balay
$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora release 28 (Twenty Eight)
balay at asterix /home/balay
$ git --version
git version 2.17.0.rc2
balay at asterix /home/balay
<<<<<<<<

The first one is a nightlybuild testbox - and the second one is my
laptop - and I haven't seen this issue with either of them. [or any of
our other nightlybuilds - or a bugreport form any other user]

was your '2.16.2' version installed from source?

Satish