[petsc-users] A bad commit affects MOOSE

Derek Gaston friedmud at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:56:13 CDT 2018

Sounds great to me - what library do I download that we're all going to use
for managing the memory pool?  :-)

Seriously though: why doesn't MPI give us an ability to get unique tag IDs
for a given communicator?  I like the way libMesh deals with this:
https://github.com/libMesh/libmesh/blob/master/include/parallel/parallel_implementation.h#L1343

I would definitely sign on for all of us to use the same library for
getting unique tag IDs... and then we would need a lot less communicators...

Derek