[petsc-users] Good recommendation on meshing package?

Zou, Ling ling.zou at inl.gov
Fri Sep 29 10:06:30 CDT 2017

Hi all,

I know this is a bit off topic on PETSc email list.
I would like to try some finite volume type of CFD algorithm with PETSc,
but I found it quite troublesome to manage mesh by myself.
I wonder if there is any good existing meshing package that works well with
PTESc.

My expectation on such a package would be:
1) I create the mesh with some tool.
2) Read this mesh with the meshing package, so I have things like node set,
edge set, cell set, etc. to play with
3) discretize my PDE with the mesh
4) solve it

I also understand many people here use PETSc solve their CFD problem.
I would appreciate it if you could also point me to some good examples.

Best,

Ling