[petsc-users] Poisson problem with boundaries inside the domain

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 30 10:58:31 CDT 2017

   If you using DMDA then you can't just "remove" some grid points from the vector.

   What you need to do is for your function evaluation at these interior grid points do f[j][i] = u[j][i] - ub in the FormFunction (ub is the Dirichlet value) and put a 1 one the diagonal of that row of the Jacobian (and nothing off diagonal).

  Barry