[petsc-users] A number of questions about DMDA with SNES and Quasi-Newton methods

zakaryah . zakaryah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:36:04 CDT 2017

Well I made a little progress by considering SNES ex28.c.  In the Jacobian
routine, I call DMCompositeGetLocalISs, then use the IS to call
MatGetLocalSubMatrix.  I call these J_rr, J_rh, J_hr, and J_hh, where r
represents the redundant variables and h represents the displacements.  I
assume I can call MatSetValuesStencil on J_hh, as before, and MatSetValue
on J_rr (which is 1x1).  I'm guessing that J_rr, J_rh, and J_hr can only be
set on the processor which owns the redundant variable - is this correct?
How do I determine the ordering for J_hr and J_rh?